A program designed for reluctant and struggling readers giving them 16 hours of small group instruction catered to meet their needs.
- Program will enhance specific strategies needed for comprehension,
decoding and vocabulary development.
- Solves common reading problems of little recall, limited attention span, and failure to read and remember
- Provides extensive practice in word attack skills (blending practice, decoding, and sounding out)
- Builds sight vocabulary through use of books, newspapers, and magazines
- Teaches literal and inferential comprehension strategies
- Develops higher order thinking and comprehension skills
- Introduces the writing process focusing on the various forms of writing
- Grades 2 through 5
- Eight to ten students per class