MOTIVATING YOUR CHILD TO READ MORE!
Emphasis in Teaching Reading through Strong Literature-Based Books
(Small Group Instruction)
The Program will teach each participant to:
- Improve vocabulary skills
- Choose reading materials that fosters motivation to read
- Help students read with a purpose.
- Learn specific comprehension skills through reading including main ideas and details, organizational patterns, predicting outcomes, QAR strategy, cause and effect, inferences and drawing conclusions.
- Explore reading strategies through story-based discussions
- Utilize background experiences (prior knowledge) for better comprehension and understanding
- Read with critical evaluation and analysis
- Computer lab utilized for vocabulary and comprehension reinforcementGrades 3 through 8
• 8-10 students per group
• Course Meets: Monday through Thursday